Vitamin C is the best known and most readily available flu and cold fighter. All the ingredients are packed with vitamin C; ginger adds a warming effect to our bodies and acts as an anti-inflammatory whilst beetroot provides a source of calcium which is essential in the absorption of vitamin C. The recipe makes about 1 litre so just place in the fridge and enjoy each morning with breakfast!
- 2 small apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 large carrot
- 2 medium sized pre-cooked beetroot
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- 250ml water
- Cube the beetroot and de-cored apples and place in a blender or large measuring jug*.
- Top and tail the carrot and coarsely grate into the jug.
- Add in the finely chopped peeled ginger.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, add the water and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is still lumpy, simply add in more water.
*A hand-held blender works perfectly, just requires a little more work!