As the days are getting longer and the sun has finally arrived, it means salad is in season!! The two recipes below work great on their own or as a side with any meat, quiche, frittata, sandwich or BBQ. The dressing can be stored in the fridge and added to any kind of salad.
Broccoli, Feta, Hazelnut, Tomato:
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 pack Feta cheese
- handful hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp “The Frenchie” dressing
- Toast the hazelnuts on a frying pan or in a medium heat oven until the skin begins to loosen, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets, quarter the tomatoes, cube the feta cheese and place in a bowl.
- Once the hazelnuts are cooled, place them in a tea towel and rub together until all the skin is removed.
- Add hazelnuts and dressing to the bowl and mix well.
Carrot, Courgette, Sesame Salad:
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 courgette
- 2 tbsp mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp “The Frenchie” dressing
- Lightly toast the pumpkin and sunflower seeds over a medium heat until you see the seeds begin to swell, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Coarsely grate the carrot and courgette into a bowl.
- Add all the seeds and dressing and mix well.
The Frenchie Dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Generous squeeze of lemon juice
- Fresh pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add all ingredients to a jar, put on the lid and shake until well combined.
- Taste and season with more pepper, honey or lemon juice as required.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a month.