Sweet potatoes are one of my favourite vegetables, so simple to prepare, full of goodness, a great source of carbohydrate and tasty when baked, roasted, fried or eaten raw. The variations to this recipe are endless but my regulars are:
- cherry tomatoes/kidney beans/cheddar cheese
- shredded chicken/tomato relish/feta
- cottage cheese/chives
- flaked salmon/mashed avocado
- Place half a sweet potato in a microwave for 3 mins on high.
- Remove, cut in half and return to the microwave for another 3 mins.
- Add your choice of toppings and enjoy!!