This quiche is a nod towards Little Green Spoon’s almond based version. Any mix of meat and vegetables will work great, it can be served hot or cold with a simple salad and your hunger will be quickly banished!!
If you don’t like almonds simply replace the base with traditional shortcrust/puff pastry or leave the pastry base out completely and simply use all the remaining ingredients to create a frittata.
- 300g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 1 small hot-smoked salmon fillet
- 1/2 log goats cheese
- 6 eggs
- 50ml milk
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Mix together all the base ingredients with a fork until they begin to form a breadcrumb type consistency.
- Firmly press the almond mix into the base and sides of a lined baking tray, bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- Halve the tomatoes and finely slice the spring onions. Roughly chop the spinach and gently wilt in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Once the base is baked, evenly place the spinach, tomatoes and onions over the base. Flake in the salmon and add in thin medallions of goats cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and pour into the quiche dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 mins until a knife runs clean when placed through the centre of the quiche.