Christmas Day dinner is really all about the trimmings. Here are the recipes for my favourites!!
Braised Red Cabbage:
- 1/2 medium sized red cabbage
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 medium cooking apple
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Place the cabbage, vinegar, water and sugar into a saucepan or cook with the lid on over a low heat for 20 mins until the cabbage softens.
- Peel, core and halve the apple and place on top of the cabbage. Cook for a further 10 mins until the apple is soft through.
Carrot & Parsnip Mash:
- 6 carrots
- 4 parsnips
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Peel and cube the carrots & parsnips.
- Steam for about 20-30 mins until cooked through.
- Mash the carrots & parsnips together with some black pepper and butter.
Sweet Potato & Celeriac Gratin:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium sized celeriac
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- black pepper
- 200ml milk
- 100ml cream
- Peel and thinly slice the sweet potato and celeriac.
- Grease an ovenproof dish all over with the garlic butter.
- Place a layer of sweet potato in the base topped with a layer of celeriac and some pepper. Continue layering until you reach the top of the dish.
- Pour over the cream and milk.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until soft through and crispy on top.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.