Crumble is the ultimate comfort food dessert in my book. It is such a versatile dessert that can be eaten at any time of the year using seasonal fruit. Berries fresh or frozen are also a great addition. Little chunks of dark chocolate mixed through the crumble topping adds another level of deliciousness!
• 2 pears
• 2 small apples
• 1 inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
• 3 tbsp oats
• 2 tbsp pumpkin & sunflower seeds
• 2 tbsp flaked almonds
• 6 dates
• creme fraiche or Greek-style yoghurt to serve
1. Peel, core and chop the pears & apples. Place in a small saucepan and just about cover with water. Grate over the ginger.
2. Bring the fruit to the boil, then simmer on a low heat until soft through.
3. Place all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or use a handheld blender to form a crumble topping.
4. Transfer the cooked fruit to a heatproof dish, cover with the oat crumble and bake in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes until golden.
5. Serve with some Glenisk creme fraiche or Greek-style yoghurt.