The sun is out in Ireland for an hour, it’s a summer month so that means only one thing in about every second household ……the return of the BBQ! BBQ’s need not be all about the meat; salads, sides and tasty marinades are very important in my book. Here are a few of my favourite things to have at a BBQ.
- Sticky Pork Ribs – I adore ribs, so messy but so tasty!!
- Corn on the Cob – I tend to use vacuum-packed corn as it’s very readily available, simply cook as per instructions on packet, melt some butter, add finely grated parmesan to the butter and roll the cooked corn in this mix, finish over a medium heat on the BBQ until golden.
- BBQ Baked Sweet Potato – this was a wonderful mistake. Simply cut the sweet potato 3/4 way down the middle, cover in tin-foil and bake in the BBQ for 20 mins.
- Citrus Chicken – full of fresh summery flavours, simply marinade and cook on the BBQ, I love this the night before matches in the summer.
- Asian Prawn Salad – finish the prawns on the BBQ instead of using the oven.
- Nectarine & Mozzarella Salad – perfect as a light nibble whilst everyone gathers for the feast.