Both of these dips are ideal as a snack at any time of the day or as an easy starter with a bunch of friends just some vegetable sticks or charred sourdough bread. The salsa verde is also a great way to liven up a steak sandwich!
Simple Creamy Hummus:
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Drain & rinse the chickpeas.
- Place all the ingredients with 2 tbsp of the oil to a food processor & blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining oil until you get your preferred texture.
- 1/2 red onion
- 20g fresh coriander (include the stalks)
- 20g fresh parsley
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely dice the red onion.
- Bunch all the herbs together into a ball & roughly chop.
- Place in a bowl & mix together with the oil & lemon zest & juice.