This salsa simply sings with all the best things about food: colour, texture, flavour and goodness. Fresh corn on the cob works best but tinned corn will be fine too. Serve alongside some Citrus Chicken and smoky paprika sweet potato wedges, add to a crunchy lettuce cup as a quick snack or simply eat directly off the spoon.
- 2 vacuum packed fresh corn on the cob or 1 x 400g tin corn
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fistful fresh coriander
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Cook the corn on the cob as per packet or rinse tinned corn. Once cooked, heat a grill pan until smoking and lightly charr the corn on all sides.
- Allow to cool and cut the corn off the cob.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans, dice the tomatoes, finely slice the spring onions and finely chop the coriander.
- Place all the vegetables in a large bowl, squeeze in the lime juice and mix well.