I have a serious obsession with beetroot, simply can’t get enough of it. About three years ago, I wouldn’t of touched one with a barge pole but at the moment it seems to end up on most of my plates or lunchboxes. Beetroot and a strong flavour like goat’s cheese or Feta are a great tasting combination. If you are bringing this for lunch to work, I’d recommend you bring the dressing separate in a little jar and mix through just before eating.
Serves 2 as a starter or side-salad.
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1/5 of cucumber
- 1 medium freshly cooked or vacuum packed cooked beetroot
- 1/2 pear
- 1 tbsp pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Roughly tear the kale into bite size pieces.
- Cut the cucumber in half length-ways, spoon out the soft center and thinly slice into half moons.
- Finely grate or Julienne the pear.
- Place the pear and vegetables in a bowl.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and stir through the salad ingredients.
- Transfer to a serving plate and spoon over the seeds and cheese.