Christmas dinner just wouldn’t be the same without some roasted spuds!!
Hasselback potatoes are basically sliced whole potatoes roasted with butter that results in the perfect crispy, golden potatoes.
Here I’ve given you the recipe to my favourite variation but don’t be afraid to experiment – your guests will love you with the results!!
Experiment by adding herbs, crushed nuts, spices and anything else you can imagine to add a little twist to your potatoes.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bacon rasher, diced
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat an oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Place the unpeeled garlic cloves in a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until soft through.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large bowl with the salt and cover with water (this can be done the night before as it will stop the potatoes from browning and remove the starch resulting in crispy potatoes).
- Place the butter and coconut oil into a large roasting tray and melt in the oven. Once melted, squeeze the centre of the roasted garlic out and mash together.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and pat dry with a towel. Place each potato between two wooden spoons or chopsticks and slice width ways down to the spoon. By leaving a section of un-sliced potato at the bottom, this keeps the potato whole whilst still giving you the hasselback effect.
- Roll each hasselback sliced potato in the garlic butter and oil mix.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Regularly spoon any liquid over the potatoes to ensure a really crispy finish to the hasselbacks.
- Whilst the potatoes are roasting, place a small frying pan or saucepan over a high heat. Add the diced bacon and fry until golden. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve: sprinkle the bacon and parsley over the roasted hasselback potatoes.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.