This recipe takes only minutes to make and is a great option for brunch, lunch, as a starter or an easy snack option at any time of the day. The quality of bread used will make a huge difference so try to use homemade or locally produced where possible and wholemeal or sourdough would be my preference. This recipe was made whilst staying in Cabo Polonio, Uruguay where I stayed in a Rancho – basically a hut shared with it’s owners and other guests amongst the sand dunes hence the rustic and possibly sandy looking backgrounds.
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, sliced
- Mix together the garlic, oil and herbs in a small bowl. Spread the oil mix over one side of the bread.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and once heated, place two bread slices oil side down on the pan. Grill for 5 minutes until the garlic crisps. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Top the bread with the sliced avocado and tomato.