I love, love, love pancakes!! They are made for any meal of the day and are great as a sweet or savoury option. You can have them thin, thick, dripping in melted chocolate or my favourite filled with natural yoghurt and berries!!
Here are a few of my favourite recipes:
- Banana Pancakes – great for pre/post exercise or as a lazy brunch option.
- Buckwheat Pancakes – made for savoury options. Layer with mashed avocado, smoked salmon and a drizzle of creme fraiche.
- Zesty Banana & Oat Pancakes: I recently made shared the recipe for these on my Instagram story and they were a real hit!! Great for anyone who isn’t the biggest fan of banana too as the orange zest helps to disguise the taste.
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp oat flour or milled linseed
- zest of half an orange
- coconut oil
- Toppings: natural yoghurt, orange segments, nuts, seeds
- In a bowl or measuring jug, whisk the egg and banana together.
- Add the milk and oat flour and whisk again.
- Grate in the orange zest and whisk once more.
- Ideally allow to sit in the fridge for as long as you can wait to allow the mix firm a little.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the pan and swirl around to create an even layer.
- Allow to cook for 1 minute on one side and flip over.
- Allow to cook through on the opposite side and remove from pan.
- Complete with remaining mixture, you should make 3 pancakes.
- To serve: stack them up with yoghurt and orange segments. Sprinkle some nuts and seeds of your preference over the top.