Chocolate chip cookies are heavenly and make the perfect treat with a glass of milk. As a lot of cookies are laden with sugar, using nut butter and chickpeas provides a natural sweet flavour.
These cookies use chickpeas instead of flour so are naturally gluten-free and rich in protein so great for our muscles.
Store the cookies in a resealable container in the fridge for at least one week or freeze.
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 125g almond butter
- 60g dark chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat an oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place all ingredients excluding the chocolate in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and place tablespoons of the mix on the baking tray.
- Flatten with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once fully cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Pulses like chickpeas and butter beans are great additions to baking. Try my Dark Chocolate & Cashew Bites for another pulse based treat.