These Dark Chocolate Oat Truffles are a festive take on my Dark Chocolate & Apricot Oat Balls. The addition of cranberries and plenty of mixed spice tends to give any dish a real Christmas feel!
These truffles are also a great gift for the health-conscious minded person on your list. Simple make the truffles, allow to fully set and pop in a nice bag or box ready for eating and enjoying.
Oat truffles are perfect for a healthy snack on the go, they are made for outdoor adventures so get out and get active this Christmas time.
These truffles are a no bake version so you never have to worry about them falling apart or sticking to the baking tray.
- 30g dried apricots
- 25g dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- zest of 1/2 small orange
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp milled linseed
- 100g jumbo oats
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice/cinnamon
- 75g nut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g dark chocolate
- Line a baking tray or plate with parchment.
- Roughly chop the apricots and place in a bowl with 20g of the cranberries, orange juice and zest. Mix together and allow the apricots soak up the juice.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the dried fruit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the nut butter, honey and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry either with your hands or a fork until well coated.
- Dampen your hands and roll 1 tablespoon at a time of the mixture into ball shapes. Place on the prepared tray and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the tray flat in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until set. Once set, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl or a saucepan of simmering water.
- Drizzle some of the chocolate over the balls or roll the balls in the chocolate. Top the coated balls with one of the reserved dried cranberries.
- Return to the fridge to set. Once set, you can transfer to a resealable box or bag and store in your freezer or fridge.
- When eating them from your freezer, allow them to defrost for 5 minutes before eating.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.