Christmas is all about sharing!
Sharing love, attention, gifts and most importantly for me time. Your time will be well spent making these extremely decadent but delicious White Chocolate, Cranberry and Apricot Oat Slices.
These oat slices are the perfect homemade gift for someone special. Easy to make, moreish and a real crowd pleaser. Simply make, store in an airtight container and then it’s time to share the joy of these decadent slices.
Why not print out and share the recipe too. After all sharing is caring!!
Makes 21 slices.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg
- 75g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 30g dried cranberries
- 30g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 50g jumbo oats
- 125g cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g white chocolate
- 90g plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/2 tbsp dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Preheat an oven to 180°C and line a square sandwich baking tin with parchment.
- Over a medium heat, melt the butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest together in a large saucepan. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Whisk the egg into the melted butter mix. Add the white chocolate, oats, dried fruit and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the saucepan and fold through the mix.
- Press the mix into the base of the lined tray using the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin.
- For the icing: Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yoghurt and lemon juice together.
- Gradually add 1 tablespoon at a time of the melted white chocolate mix, mixing through with a spatula until all combined.
- Spread the icing over the cooled base. Sprinkle over the remaining dried fruit and coconut.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.