So chocolate mousse is an epic dessert any time of the year but really does hit the spot if you’re a non-traditional Christmas dessert lover like me!!
4 simple ingredients that I bet are already in your kitchen or else already on your Christmas food shop list – eggs, milk, cream and chocolate!
Simple ingredients, a very easy cooking method and then the best bit. These chocolate mousses can be made well ahead, they will keep fresh in the fridge for 4 days.
For more non-traditional Christmas dessert options try my: Salted Raspberry & Chocolate Tart or Banoffee pie recipe in my cookbook!
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- 90ml cream
- 150g 70% dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- Crack the egg into a large bowl and whisk lightly.
- Place the milk and cream into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once boiling, pour directly over the egg and whisk again until well combined.
- Add the chocolate to the hot contents and lightly whisk continuously until all the chocolate has melted through.
- Pour the chocolate mousse immediately into clean glasses, ramekins or small jars.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour. Remove your chocolate mousse from the fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top the mousse with any fresh fruit, cream, yoghurt or nuts as you like.