Grilled cheese, a creamy zesty topping and smooth baked aubergine…I really don’t know what more you could want!!
Roasted or baked aubergine is amazing and I’m a big fan. If you haven’t tried my Roast Aubergine, Feta & Toasted Seed Salad then that is a must too!
If you have any leftover, make sure to add it to your lunchbox for round 2 as the flavour infuses even more the next day!
Serve alongside some fresh mixed salad or my Fennel & Carrot Citrus Slaw recipe.
Serves 6, 1 aubergine half each.
- 3 aubergines, cut in half lengthways
- 6 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- 250g mozzarella (chopped), creme fraiche or mascarpone
- 2 egg yolks
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp chilli pepper or cayenne pepper
- 100g breadcrumbs, oats or leftover blitzed up brown bread
- Crosshatch the flesh of each aubergine half and spread 1 tablespoonful of oil onto each.
- Place the aubergines flesh side up on a roasting tin and bake in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F for 40 minutes.
- Whisk the mozzarella, egg yolks, orange zest and spices together in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread this creamy spicy mix over the flesh of each baked aubergine. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and a drizzle of oil before returning to the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.