These falafels are my freezer essentials for a busy weeknight dinner on a non-training day.
All you need to add to these is a bowl of salad or else toss in a pitta with some sliced beetroot and avocado.
Vary things up by substituting grated carrot/beetroot or shredded spinach for the grated courgette.
Makes approx. 12 medium-sized falafel.
- 2 x 400g tin chickpeas/mixed beans/butter beans/kidney beans
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 courgette coarsely grated
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful of fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Drain, rinse and add the beans to a large measuring or food processor jug.
- Add the finely chopped scallions, grated courgette and coriander to the beans.
- Mix through the cumin, lemon juice and oil until well combined.
- Use a hand-held blender stick or else a food processor and blend together until the beans are mostly pulsed (a few beans left whole will add a nice texture to the falafel).
- Spread the coconut flour on a plate and using moist hands mould 1 large tablespoon of the bean mix into a burger and roll it in the flour, repeat with the remaining bean mix.
- Place the burgers on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden on both sides, gently flipping the burgers half way through. You can shallow fry the burgers either in some coconut oil until golden.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.