I have a serious obsession with beetroot, I simply can’t get enough of it.
About three years ago, I wouldn’t of touched beetroot with a barge pole but at the moment it seems to end up on most of my plates or lunchboxes.
Beetroot and a strong flavour like goat’s or feta cheese are a great tasting combination. If you are bringing this for lunch to work, I’d recommend you bring the dressing separate in a little jar and mix through just before eating.
Serves 2 as a starter or side-salad.
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1/5 of cucumber
- 1 medium freshly cooked or vacuum packed cooked beetroot
- 1/2 pear
- 1 tbsp pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Roughly tear the kale into bite size pieces.
- Cut the cucumber in half length-ways, spoon out the soft center and thinly slice into half moons.
- Finely grate or Julienne the pear.
- Place the pear and vegetables in a bowl.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and stir through the salad ingredients.
- Transfer to a serving plate and spoon over the seeds and cheese.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.