These Berry & Coconut Energy Balls are packed with flavour and more importantly use sustainable upcycled ingredients like Biasol Super Milled Grains.
I have been using Biasol products literally since the start of the brother and sister duo delving into how they could upcycle brewer’s spent grain, a by-product of beer making. In a very short space of time, Ruairi and Niamh have launched a whole host of products including their milled grains and baking mixes. I’m delighted to come on board with them as an ambassador and will sharing with you over the next 6 months how I love to use their milled grains in lots of different dishes.
First up are these vibrantly coloured Berry & Coconut Energy Balls so let me know what you think!
- 125g fresh or frozen berries
- 80g oats
- 2 tbsp water
- 35g Biasol Super Milled Grains
- 20g desiccated coconut plus 2 tbsp
- pinch of sea-salt
- Place the berries and oats into a blender or tall jug if using a stick blender. Add the water only if using frozen berries. Blitz until a smooth berry coloured paste is formed.
- Remove from the blender and stir through the Biasol Super Milled Grains, coconut and sea-salt until well combined.
- Spread the 2 tablespoons of coconut onto a plate.
- Moisten your hands and roll tablespoonfuls of the berry mixture into balls before rolling in the coconut to coat. Repeat with the remaining mixture until 10 are formed.
- Store in a resealable container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze and allow to thaw before enjoying.