I’m a firm believer that there is simply nothing oats can’t do!!
They also very handily keep you going for ages with their slow release of energy so perfect for fueling before or after training for me playing football.
The best thing about these bars are you’ve got so many options from toppings to fillings. Please mix and match and go wild with whatever you have at home.
Makes 12 bars.
- 300g plain natural or Greek-style yoghurt
- 4 eggs or 4 tbsp milled chia or flax seed and 12 tbsp water
- 120g oats
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 100g fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat an oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F and line or grease a square baking tin or ovenproof dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yoghurt and eggs together until a thick creamy mix is formed.
- Stir the oats, coconut and berries until well combined and no dry oats remain.
- Place into the prepared tin and gently spread out until even.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the top before baking in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing and cooling fully on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. Keep fresh in the fridge.