These muffins are made for a satisfying meal on the go!
Jam-packed with slow release carbs, berry goodness, only two tablespoons of honey and essential magnesium from the bananas makes them ideal for a quick breakfast or gear bag friendly post-training snack.
Use whatever berries you like or add some chopped nuts or chunks of dark chocolate, the possibilities are endless!
The muffins will stay fresh for at least four days in an air-tight container or else freeze if any last that long.
Makes 12 muffins.
- 7oz oats
- 1oz desiccated coconut
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4oz butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 4 fistfuls berries (blueberries & raspberries are my favourite)
- coconut flakes
- Preheat an oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with cases.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and blitz until they form a coarse flour. Mix the oat flour with the desiccated coconut & baking powder in one bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, using a handheld beater, cream the butter & honey together until light & fluffy.
- Beat through the egg (the mix might look a bit curdled, you haven’t gone wrong I promise!).
- Mash the bananas & vanilla essence together before adding to the butter mix. Stir through the flour until well combined.
- Finally add the yoghurt & berries to the mix & combine.
- Spoon the mix evenly amongst the muffin cases, top with some fresh oats and coconut flakes before placing in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown or a skewer comes out clean.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.