To all the cauliflower haters out there – please keep reading and try this recipe! It will honestly change every thought you ever had about the misunderstood vegetable that is cauliflower!!
I say misunderstood because for a long time the only way I (and I know many more) thought you could cook cauliflower was by boiling the life out of it and drowning it in white sauce. When that is done well it is amazing but when it isn’t, lets be honest it’s not great!
I love roasting vegetables – you can’t go too far wrong by chopping, adding a little oil and letting the oven do the rest. Roast cauliflower is a game changer! You get this gorgeous nutty taste that is just divine by roasting cauliflower. I would happily eat a plate of roasted cauliflower for dinner.
Serve the cauliflower alongside any dish, add to a salad or with my citrus chicken for a quick and easy dinner in minutes.
Go on, give roasted cauliflower a go and let me know what you think!!
Serves 4, as a side.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- 3 tsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C and melt the coconut oil in a roasting tray or ovenproof dish.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets or bite sized chunks. If you have removed the stalk, cut it up too.
- Mix the cauliflower through the melted oil and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until beginning to turn golden.
- As the cauliflower roasts, mix the pesto with the oil until you get a runny texture.
- To serve: drizzle the pesto over the cauliflower and enjoy!