A little bit of a mouthful in terms of words and most definitely every mouthful will be tasty with these ingredients combining to make a very Autumnal Blackberry, Goats Cheese & Black Pudding Salad.
I would highly recommend the goats cheese or even goat yoghurt from Galway Cheese. A stunning product I stumbled upon over two years ago that are now supplying stores nationwide so get your hands on a jar of their stunning cheese or yoghurt soon!
Little thin slices of apple also works great in this salad.
- 4 slices of black pudding
- 1/2 tbsp hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp blackberries
- 50g cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large handful mixed leaves
- 50g goat cheese or yoghurt
- Fry or grill the black pudding until cooked through.
- Roast the hazelnuts in an oven at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F for 20 minutes or until golden or add to the pan with the pudding and cook until the skins begin to crumple.
- Assemble the salad: place the mixed leaves and cucumber on the base, add the black pudding, blackberries and hazelnuts and finish with blobs of goats cheese.
- Optional: add a mix of rapeseed oil and lemon juice.