I think it is safe to say that you can’t beat a Mammy dinner!!
I don’t get to enjoy these kind of dinners half as regularly enough as I would like these days as I live away from home. Bacon and cabbage is like a religion in our house and always on the menu every Saturday! The bacon would feed us for dinner with leftovers used for school lunches throughout the week when I was in school.
Cooking mostly for one, I would never think to cook a whole bacon for my dinner. I love my leftovers but the amount of ham leftover would be excessive for one.
That is why I love to use the Brady Family Ham range and especially their Just Add products. The ham reminds me of home and the kind my Mam would of cooked for me and my brothers.
- 200g potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 pack of Brady Family Ham Just Add Glazed By Hand Ham Chunks
- Prick the potatoes with a knife and steam or microwave until cooked through.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a frying pan or wok and place over a medium heat.
- Stir the grated ginger through the oil and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add the sliced cabbage and continue to cook until soft through.
- Add the ham to the cabbage and continue to cook until hot through.
- Quarter the cooked potatoes and serve the ham and cabbage on top.
*This recipe is part of a paid collaboration with Brady Family Ham.*