Hungry and don’t want to spend ages in front of the cooker, a frittata is the answer!
This frittata is packed full of protein and vitamin bursting with plenty of spinach and vegetables. Add a salad on the side and you are sorted!!
Substitute sweet potato, carrot or squash for the turnip if you dislike the humble swede.
- 100g turnip
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 red pepper
- 3 fistfuls of spinach
- 2 tsp garlic butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 50g Brie
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the peeled and cubed turnip. Blanch for about 10 minutes until tender. Strain and rinse the turnip with ice cold water. Set aside for later.
- Melt 1 teaspoon coconut oil on a heatproof frying pan. Finely slice the red pepper and onion and add to the pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and pepper until translucent. Remove from the pan.
- Add the turnip, spinach and garlic butter to the pan and toss until well coated. Continue to cook until the spinach wilts, return the onion and pepper to the pan.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and season with pepper. Pour over the vegetable mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Chop the Brie into cubes and sprinkle over the pan before placing under a grill for 5 minutes to cook through the eggs.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.