So I was all set to make these delectable Peanut Butter Brownies from Glenisk‘s collaboration with Tang to raise much needed funds for the Unicef Ireland Syrian Appeal. I was assembling all the ingredients when I realised I was short a few so these Salted Almond Brownies were born instead.
I used 75% dark chocolate so they were quite rich but just use a lower percentage of chocolate for a lighter treat. The brownies are also gluten-free so handy treats that leave nobody out!
- 75g almonds
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 100g almond butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 200g dark chocolate
- 150g butter
- 6 eggs
- 150g ground almonds
- 25g baking powder
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat an oven to 170°C and line a rectangle baking tray with parchment.
- Place a large dry frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot; add the almonds, icing sugar and sea salt. Stir regularly to gently coat the almonds until the icing sugar is fully combined. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter and honey until fully combined.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, place the chocolate and butter and melt over a saucepan of simmering water until fully melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs before adding to the almond butter and honey. Continue to whisk until plenty of air bubbles have been created.
- Stir through the ground almonds and baking powder, followed by the melted chocolate and butter until well combined. Finally add the yoghurt and vanilla essence.
- Roughly chop 50g of the cooled salted almonds and stir through the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined tray and scatter over the remaining whole almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tray before cutting into squares. Keep fresh in the fridge in an airtight container.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.