This burrito bowl makes a great last minute dinner and can be varied a number of ways.
Substitute rice, quinoa, bulgur wheat or couscous for the roast vegetable mix. Use any leafy greens or add some cheese, guacamole or salsa on top. Add extra heat to the mince by pumping up the spice quantity or exclude the meat and use beans or lentils.
- 100g minced meat
- handful spinach leaves
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tsp creme fraiche
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 small sweet potato
- 1/2 aubergine
- 2 medium sized pre-cooked beetroot
- black olives
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the sweet potato, aubergine and beetroot into bite-sized chunks and add to a baking dish with the melted coconut oil. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and gently brown the mince. Once all browned set the meet aside whilst you gently fry the quartered cherry tomatoes and finely chopped spring onions. Once tomatoes are soft, add back in the mince and stir through the paprika and pepper to taste.
- Create the bowl with your spinach and cucumber acting as the base layer. Create a well and add 3 tablespoons of the roasted vegetable mix, next add the mince and finally sprinkle with the chopped avocado, creme fraiche and olives.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.