Pasture-raised eggs, what’s so special about them? Do the hens get to go outside? Do the hens just eat pasture as in grass? These were just some of the questions I had for Kylie. The answer would be yes to all the above and head over to her website for more information about her hens and eggs!
Eggs are one of the best natural sources of protein and they are so versatile for any meal of the day. Combine Magner’s Farm pasture raised eggs with freshly picked greens from the garden of Jim and Keith and the sea by Hartley’s Fish with a sprinkle of some cheddar cheese from Maria’s Knockara Pate stall to create a delicious quiche in minutes.
When you can’t get your hands on fresh runner beans; use asparagus, broccoli or leeks.
Serve with some of my crispy spuds on the side or a simple salad.
Explore all my Cahir Farmers Market recipes here!
- 2 tsp Emerald Oils rapeseed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large handful spinach, roughly sliced
- 100g samphire
- 100g runner beans, topped and tailed
- 6 Magner’s Farm eggs
- 200ml milk
- fresh black pepper
- 50g Derg Farmhouse Cheddar cheese
- Preheat an oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Place a frying pan with the oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until it just begins to wilt. Add the samphire and 75g of the runner beans, chopped into bite size portions. Cook for 2 minutes and spread over the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and season with some black pepper. Pour over the vegetables.
- Crumble the cheese over the eggs and place the remaining whole green beans on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.