Like most people I think, I’m a creature of habit when it comes to morning rituals. I will always have breakfast and most likely oats. Whether it’s a steaming bowl of porridge or a mix of homemade granola, yoghurt and fruit.
Caramelised bananas are just divine and will instantly give your breakfast a little bit of wow factor whilst being utterly delicious!
I have added a touch of cinnamon and vanilla to this version but the bananas are really tasty without either too!!
- 1/2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large banana
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over a low heat. If using coconut oil, add a pinch of sea salt to add the salt that is traditionally in Irish butter – it will really enhance the end flavour!!
- Stir in the honey, cinnamon and vanilla to combine.
- Cut the banana into rounds, add to the frying pan and increase the heat to medium.
- Flip over to coat in the sauce on both sides, turn the heat back down to low and allow to cook through for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy!