Sorry not sorry but I love curries and I have quite a lot of them on this blog!!
I also love roast cauliflower if you haven’t guessed from my many recipes too. I know I’m not the only one as my Roast Curried Cauliflower Soup and my Curried Cauliflower Salad recipes are among the most popular.
Add chickpeas, chicken or leftover turkey to this Cauliflower & Almond Curry as you like too!
If adding fresh meat, brown first on a pan and add to Step 5 of the recipe. Bring the curry to a boil, then return to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes to ensure the meat is cooked through. Add the roasted cauliflower at the very end once the meat has cooked.
I highly recommend you serve this Cauliflower & Almond Curry alongside a mix of rice and lentils with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds on top!
- 1 whole cauliflower
- salt & pepper
- 2 white onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 30g ground almonds
- 30g raisins
- 230ml vegetable stock
- 260ml plain thick Greek-style yoghurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- To serve: flaked almonds, fresh coriander, pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Remove any not great looking outer cauliflower seeds and otherwise roughly chop up the cauliflower leaves and stem. Cut the cauliflower heat into florets. Place all the cauliflower in a large roasting tin and mix through 2 tablespoonfuls of oil with salt and pepper to season.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes – you will need to turn once to ensure an even roast.
- Heat 1 tablespoonful of oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions, cinnamon and cardamom and cook until soft. If the onions begin to stick, loosen with a little water. Add the garlic and ginger with all the remaining spices, ground almonds and raisins and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and yoghurt and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir regularly to ensure all the spices are loosened from the bottom.
- Finally add the lemon juice and roasted cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes until hot through.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.