This gratin is a nod towards your typical cauliflower with cheese or white/béchamel sauce. It works great as a side to any roast dinner, fish or as an addition to a green leafy salad for lunch.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp plain flour (gluten-free/white)
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- Divide the cauliflower into florets and gently steam until the stalks are tender.
- Mix together the creme fraiche, lemon juice, mustard and flour in a bowl.
- Evenly spread the florets in an oven-proof dish and mix through the creme fraiche mix.
- Sprinkle the ground almonds and some finely grated parmesan (or as much as you prefer) over the top.
- Place in a grill for 5-10 minutes until the almond topping begins to brown.