Tabbouleh is a traditional Lebanese dish made with bulgur or couscous; here I’ve substituted cauliflower rice which is a great way to squeeze some extra veggies into your diet. Serve simply on its own or else alongside my Baby Gem, Spinach & Broccoli Salad. It also works great with some sweet potato wedges and my Citrus Chicken.
- 1 small head cauliflower (around 250g)
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pistachio
- 1 large bunch each of fresh parsley, mint & coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower and cut into cubes. Blitz the cubes in the food processor until a rice consistency is formed.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the cauliflower, 1 tbsp lemon juice & stock, bring to the boil, cover with a lid & reduce to a simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, stir regularly to ensure the cauliflower cooks evenly & doesn’t get stuck to the pan. Transfer to a large mixing bowl & allow to cool.
- Place all the seeds & pistachios in a small frying pan and toast over a medium heat until you hear the seeds pop.
- Roughly chop all the fresh herbs & add to the cauliflower with the pomegranate seeds, toasted seeds & lemon juice.Mix well together & serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.