Add a little bit of mild spices to your chocolate and you get a real moreish treat with these Chai Spiced Chocolate Truffles!
These chocolate truffles make a great gift and can be customised with all kinds of chopped nuts, dried fruit or seeds on top. You could even drizzle some melted white chocolate over the top if you like for a more decadent topping!
If you are a fan of salted chocolate, then add a pinch of crushed sea-salt to the mix before it sets.
I love the chai-spice blend from Remedy Roots and use it in my oat energy balls too. You can easily replace the spice blend with a mix of ground cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice and cloves or create a blend of your favourites from this list.
Makes 30 truffles.
- 250ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp chai spice mix
- 500g dark chocolate
- For rolling: dessicated coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts
- Stir the coconut cream and chai spice mix together in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and stir in the chocolate until fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate mix into a large bowl and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, roll generous teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Roll the mixture between the palms of your hands until a ball forms. Continue until all the mixture is used.
- Roll each ball in coconut or cocoa powder as you like.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container and keep fresh for up to 1 month.