I’m not the biggest eater of bread but when I am going to eat some, my general rules are homemade or else locally produced sourdough.
Sourdough is possibly the purest bread of all with only three ingredients (water, flour & time). If you fancy making your own, I would recommend trying Riot Rye‘s foolproof method, time & patience is required but you will be well rewarded for your efforts I promise!
Bruschetta is a great option when in a hurry or simply have very little in the fridge. The pesto should last for 1-2 weeks in a jar in the fridge. Simply add your favourite toppings & enjoy!
- 50g cashews
- 50g walnuts
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50g coriander include the stalks
- 25g parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp cottage cheese
- toppings of your choice: sliced cherry tomatoes, olives, sauteed mushrooms with butter & garlic, parma ham, smoked salmon
- For the pesto: simply add all the ingredients with half the oil into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the remaining oil little by little until you get a suitable texture, taste as you go.
- For the bruschetta: heat the grill, spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each slice of bread and place under the grill until lightly toasted. Top with the cottage cheese & the toppings of choice. Return to the grill for 2-3 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.