Think of a cheesy toast with roasted aubergine! Then you are on track for how could this Cheesy Baked Aubergine tastes.
Also don’t worry if some of the cheese melts off and goes everywhere on your baking tray. Scrape off that cheese and enjoy as I swear it will still be yummy!
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tbsp relish
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Slice the aubergine in half lengthways and crosshatch the flesh side with a sharp knife.
- Season with some salt and brush oil on the flesh of both. Place onto a baking tray or ovenproof dish with flesh facing up. Bake the aubergine in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the aubergine from the oven and turn the oven to grill function.
- Spread the relish over the flesh side of each aubergine half before placing a single layer of mozzarella slices on top.
- Place under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden on top.