Chicken and plum is one of my Mam’s signature dishes!! She traditionally uses plum jam and worcestershire sauce but I never have either in my kitchen press.
Marmalade is a more common kitchen item so I have used it to great success in this traybake to recreate my Mam’s Chicken & Plum dish.
Traybakes are the best for prepping ahead and batch-cooking. The oven also does the majority of the work which means less wash-up and more time to spend with your favourite people or hobby. This Chicken & Plum Traybake freezes great too for an effortless freezer dinner option.
How about adding your favourite grain to the base and allowing it to cook along during the process similar to my Meatball recipe!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp marmalade or plum jam
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 plums, de-stoned and halved
- 4 chicken breasts, cut each into 4 strips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Whisk the garlic, ginger, balsamic, soy and marmalade in a bowl until well combined.
- Arrange the onion, plums and chicken in the bottom of a roasting or ovenproof dish. Pour the marinade on top and mix together.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Check after 10 minutes and baste the chicken again with a few tablespoonfuls of the marinade.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or a grain of your choice with some green leafy veg on the side.