I do love a good salad!! This salad is full of colour, crunch and flavour and will be on your table in minutes. I first tasted this combination of carrot and chickpeas in Kai Café, Galway and just loved it!!
Any kind of root vegetable or pulse can be used instead of the carrot and chickpeas.
Finely sliced fresh chilli would also really pump up the spice levels if that’s your thing too!
Serves 4, as a side.
- 2 large handfuls kale, de-stemmed and roughly torn
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated or julienned
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, parsley and mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the salt through the torn kale leaves until they begin to turn a darker shade of green.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.