Yes spaghetti in a salad!! Hear me out, noodles are often served in an Asian style salad so why not spaghetti??
I’m sure the Italians are not so impressed with my use of spaghetti but sure look it tastes good!
The key thing to spaghetti for me is the sauce that goes with it. Yes I would be in the camp that a knob of butter on top of spaghetti is a sauce. The recipe title I hope gives you the direction this spaghetti sauce went in. Chilli and peanut a winning combination in so many dishes and here combine in an epic summer salad.
For the vegetables, use whatever you fancy or have easily on hand in the fridge or garden. What will I put with this salad, now that’s completely up to you. I serve it as a side to chicken, prawns and actually had meatballs alongside it the other day!
If you like chilli, make sure to try out my Prawn & Chorizo Spaghetti recipe.
Serves 4 as a side.
- 200g dry spaghetti
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 150g baby leaf spinach
- 2 tbsp peanut rayu or 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp sesame
- 2 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Place the dry spaghetti in and slowly allow it to become submerged in the water as it softens. Reduce the water to a simmer and continue to cook the pasta for 5-8 minutes.
- Leave the spaghetti in the water off the heat as you mix all the remaining ingredients together.
- Strain the spaghetti and rinse under cold running water. Stir through the salad ingredients until well coated and serve immediately or store in a resealable container in the fridge.