Chocolate and raspberries are the ultimate dessert combination in my book.
Using avocado to create a really light mousse is simply ingenious to create a very fancy but healthy treat! The mousse would also work great on its own topped with some raspberries for a ready in minutes dessert.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 100g fresh raspberries
- For the chocolate cups: Line a tray with parchment. Melt 140g of the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When it’s fully melted, remove from the heat and add the remaining dark chocolate. Stir until fully combined.
- Spoon 1 large tablespoon of chocolate into a silicon cupcake case, swirl the chocolate around until fully coated. Place upside on the tray and repeat with the remaining cases.
- Place the tray in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- For the mousse: add the avocado, honey and vanilla essence to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the cacao powder and 1 tablespoon of the fresh raspberries and blitz again until well combined. Place into the fridge until ready to use.
- For the raspberries: melt the white chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir through the Greek yoghurt. Use a spoon or a needleless sterile syringe to fill each raspberry with the chocolate mix.
- To assemble: peel the chocolate cups gently from the cases, fill with the mousse and top with the raspberries.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.