Why not step away from the traditional puddings, cake and trifle and try some seasonal berry cheesecake, mini chocolate puddings. Again plan ahead and make these the night before or freeze. All of these recipes are also all gluten-free so perfect for all your guests.
Cranberry & Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 200g fresh cranberries
- 200g raspberries
- rind & juice of a mandarin orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200g oreo-style cookies
- 50g butter
- 300g white chocolate
- 75g caster sugar
- 400g cream cheese
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 300ml cream
- Start by making the cranberry and raspberry coulis to layer through the cheesecake.
- Place the cranberries, raspberries, juice & orange rind and honey into a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat, stirring gently until the cranberries begin to pop open.
- Once the cranberries are all softened, remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- For the base: remove the centre of the oreo biscuits and crush until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- For the filling: melt the butter and stir through the crushed biscuits. Press into the bottom of a 20cm springform tin and place in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water.
- Using a hand-held beater blend together the cream cheese, lemon juice & zest and caster sugar until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, stiffly whip the cream.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate and cream until well combined.
- To assemble: place a thin layer of the cooled coulis over the biscuit base followed by half of the filling mixture. Add another thin layer of coulis and finish with the remaining filling.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to ensure fully set.
Mini Chocolate Santa Hat Puddings:
These gluten-free chocolate puddings are in the shape of Santa hats so are perfect for children. The middle of each pudding is removed and filled with some of the raspberry & cranberry coulis from the cheesecake recipe, topped with a layer of cream and a fresh strawberry. Jam could easily replace the coulis.
- 225g dark chocolate
- 125g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g ground almonds
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts
- 7 tbsp cranberry & raspberry coulis from above cheesecake recipe
- freshly whipped cream
- 7 strawberries
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a round 20cm baking tin.
- Melt the chocolate & butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add the caster sugar, vanilla and ground almonds. Stir until well combined.
- Stir through the egg yolks, one at a time, ensure each is well combined before adding another.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add to the chocolate batter and fold gently with the chopped hazelnuts until combined.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to completely cool before using a circular scone cutter to shape the brownie base into 7 even portions.
- Remove a portion of the centre from each brownie and fill this with the cranberry & raspberry coulis.
- Place a layer of cream on each and finish with a strawberry.