This Coconut, Lime and Courgette Cake is good for any occasion but I think it could also be an epic wedding cake for any upcoming nuptials or engagement celebrations!!
- 70ml rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g courgette, grated
- zest & juice of 1 lime
- 100g white chocolate
- 100ml thick Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 50g coconut shards
- zest of 1/2 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F and line the base of a 21cm round cake tin with parchment and grease the sides with oil before dusting with a little flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oil, sugar and eggs together until smooth.
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda and powder before folding in with a large spoon or spatula.
- Stir through the courgette, lime zest and juice until well combined.
- Place the cake mix into the prepared tin and gently tap the tin on the work surface to eliminate any air pockets. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Prepare the ganache whilst the cake is baking, Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool a little before whisking in the yoghurt and lime zest. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the caked has baked through, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Gently remove from the tin and allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
- When you are ready to serve the cake, take the ganache from the fridge and whisk by hand to loosen up. Spread over the top and sides of the cake before sprinkling with the coconut shards.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your recreations on social media .