Oats is the preferred option for many to start their day. Oats are not only a great source of slow-release carbohydrate but also a really versatile ingredient to have in your kitchen cupboard. They don’t go off, are inexpensive and can be eaten as any meal of the day.
Meals that can be prepared in advance are great for time short people, find more meal prep tips here. Overnight oats are a great option for any busy person as all the work is done the night or even day before. A little bit of chopping and stirring is the only work required with eating taking the longest!
The options with overnight oats are endless and I have plenty more inspiration on the blog for you. My latest variation is inspired by my travels through South America and perfect for the summer season. Top with some more yoghurt, seeds, nuts or berries as you like.
- 4 tbsp jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 5 tbsp yoghurt, plain
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 passion fruit
- Using a clean resealable jar or tub. Place all the items into the tub.
- Mix thoroughly together and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge in the morning, stir again and serve with a sprinkle of coconut, pineapple pieces and passionfruit.