I’ve been making this Coronation Chicken recipe now for the last year at numerous demonstrations or for private catering events and it never gets left over!!
This recipe is great to use up leftover roast chicken and in particular the brown meat that many might leave behind as the sauce disguises all! Add your own twist to the recipe by using any kind of nuts, taking out the dried fruit as required or adding a little tabasco sauce for a dash of spice.
Serve the chicken your way by stuffing it into pittas, sambos or any kind of a salad bowl for a serious feast!
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and cooled
- 3 tbsp plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 tsp mango or apricot chutney
- Shred the chicken between two forks in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well together until well combined.
- Serve as you like!