I love cranberry sauce but I don’t actually put it on my Christmas dinner plate!!!
I prefer to dollop this cranberry sauce into sambos (amazing with Brie in a toastie…) or add to yoghurt or granola for my brekkie. It definitely deserves a spot on any cheese boards too. Plus I nearly forgot, it is amazing on pancakes like these ones!!
Plus it is great in an almond tart recipe or anything really that you would normally use jam in!
Makes 2 jars.
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100ml water
- juice and zest of 1 small orange or large mandarin
- 1 tbsp honey
- Optional: 1 cinnamon stick and 2 star anise
- Place all the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have burst open.
- Pour into sterile jars, seal with a lid and allow to fully cool. (For sterile jars: clean thoroughly and place into a warm oven to dry fully.)
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.