Midweek dinners don’t have to mean no luxury or hours spent in front of the cooker!
Courgetti is one of my favourite speedy dinners. Add some fresh tomatoes, Brady Family Ham and creme fraiche to courgetti spirals and you have a tasty feast on your hands fast.
This recipe is a great way to squeeze vegetables into your diet or onto the plates of your loved ones. When the courgetti is spiralised or thinly sliced it looks exactly like spaghetti. Toss in some regular spaghetti or tagliatelle to add carbohydrates to the recipe also.
- 2 large courgette
- 150g frozen peas or fresh edamame
- 100g butter
- 4 generous tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 60g grated parmesan
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g Brady Family Glazed by Hand Sliced Ham
- Use a julienne peeler or spiralizer (if you have neither thinly slice the courgette into long slices) to create spaghetti-like courgette strips.
- Steam the courgetti for 5 minutes until it still has a bite or blanch by bringing a pan of water to the boil, add the courgetti and turn the heat off. Defrost the peas in a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, stir in the creme fraiche, lemon juice and finely grated parmesan until well combined.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, Brady Family shredded ham, strained peas and courgetti until well combined.
- Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes until hot through.
*This recipe is part of a paid collaboration with Brady Family Ham.*