Kale has a bad reputation as being bland and boring. So here is recipe that will hopefully banish all such remarks for kale. The cashew sauce is inspired from the Happy Pear duo and can be kept in the fridge for up to one week, it also works great as a dip with some raw vegetables or as a stir-in sauce with pasta.
- 3 handfuls kale
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- 80g cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125ml tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- 100ml water
- Prepare your vegetables in a large bowl. For the kale, remove the stalks and loosely shred it with your hands.
- Place all the dressing ingredients excluding the water in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the water until it forms a creamy texture. Just add some more water if it still appears quite thick.
4. Simply use your hands to mix 3 tbsp of the dressing into the salad.
Hope you enjoy making it, it’s quite addictive!!