This Creamy Chicken with Spinach and Red Onion is made for midweek meals!
30 minutes is all you will need and an incredibly comforting and plate licking dish is created. I got a lovely gift of some produce from Clonmore Farm – an organic vegetable farm outside Cahir in Co. Tipperary so looked let any go to waste. Here I’ve used their spinach, onions and red onion whilst incorporating some of the Carrot Top Pesto I made here.
To make it vegetarian or vegan use lentils, beans or more vegetables instead of the chicken and use coconut cream instead of creme fraiche!
This is a similar dish to my Courgetti Prawns so go to Page of my cookbook to find that recipe!!
For another incredible chicken dish, try my Creamy Mushroom, Spinach & Lentil Chicken.
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 100ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 100g spinach
- Heat 2 teaspoonfuls of oil in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Fry the garlic and onions until soft through.
- Add the stock and pesto and stir through the vegetables with the chicken pieces. Bring up to the boil and cover with a lid or plate until the chicken is cooked fully through and the liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove the lid or plate and stir through the creme fraiche. Finally stir through the spinach until it begins to wilt.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta or a grain of your choice.