Food can so easily be over complicated!!
I know I have been so guilty of this before instead of just allowing really great ingredients to be their own star of your plate. Fish really doesn’t need much to make it taste amazing!
This creamy sauce can be prepared ahead and then the fish and pasta cooking time takes minutes.
If you aren’t a major fan of shellfish then leave out the mussels altogether or substitute with some crab meat in the creamy sauce.
- 450ml white wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 400ml vegetable or fish stock
- 500ml creme fraiche
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 500g mussels, washed & de-bearded
- 500g tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Place the first four ingredients including 350ml of wine in a large saucepan over a medium heat with the lid on and reduce to about 3 tablespoonfuls.
- Add the stock, bring the saucepan to a boil and reduce by half in volume.
- Add the creme fraiche and reduce by one quarter in volume.
- Season this creamy sauce with the lemon zest and 2 tablespoonfuls of lemon juice. Remove from the heat and set aside with a lid on.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F. Place the salmon fillets in an ovenproof dish and season with pepper and lemon juice. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Once cooked, remove the skin from each fillet and break up the salmon into generous chunks using a fork.
- Cook the tagliatelle in a saucepan of boiled salted water until it still has a bite. Remember to rserve 1 cup of the pasta water as you strain the tagliatelle. Return the tagliatelle to the saucepan and refresh with the pasta water off the heat.
- Place the remaining 100ml of wine in a large saucepan or large frying pan over a medium heat. Once beginning to bubble, add the mussels and cover with a lid. Allow to steam for about 3 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Add the prepared creamy sauce and baked salmon to the mussels.
- Serve the fish over tagliatelle in deep bowls with chopped parsley and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.